Friday, 18 November 2011

Children in Need Staff Fancy Dress 2011

Mise-en-scène.

For the last four years, the staff at the library where I work have donned fancy dress for Children in Need. Last year I went as Cheryl Cole, and it was hard to know where to go after that. It was a last-minute rediscovery of my cloche hat last weekend that gave me the inspiration for this year's outfit:

Saint Evelin in the Office with the RFID Scanner. 

Geeky fashion notes: The cloche is a Primark job I picked up in a charity shop, with a feathery fancy from New Look stuck to the side to liven it up. The dress is one of my favourite charity shop finds, a gorgeous lacy number by Berketex. Most of the accessories came from Claire's. I struggled to find some suitably '20s shoes, in the end settling for a pair from New Look which look the part from the front but have a somewhat anachronistically high heel. I took a change of footwear with me in case the tall heels became wearisome, but as it was I saw them out. I also added a cardi (H&M) and a pair of tortoiseshell cats'-eye glasses from Claire's for a dash of vintage (if slightly anachronistic) library chic.

This year we raised £192.50, which, considering it was a reading week at our place, was a pretty healthy sum. More importantly, we had a lot of fun and plenty of home-made cake! 

Taking a few moments in our wonderfully efficient Sorting Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment