Succentorship without Sneers is filmed in front of a live studio audience.
Thing 18 of CPD23 gets all A/V on us, and as editor of the (seldom updated) website extravaganza that is A/V Woman Productions, I really ought to be up on that sort of thing. My friends and I were sticking mp3s of our radio show on there as recently as twelve years ago, back in the days of dial-up when one had to be particularly careful about bitrates and file-sizes. I would've cobbled together some audio for you today but I've lent out my microphone. As it is, you can enjoy (above) a quick screencap film I prepared at a pretty crumby bitrate. I did the above using VLC Media Player which is a far better media player than it is a video-capture device, but which serves my needs this evening. Were I wanting to do something a little more impressive and tutorial I would have to dig out something a little more flexible, but tonight this will suffice as lipservice to what is clearly a handy piece of A/V ammunition.
And so we come to Thing 19: a moment to reflect on how my life has changed since starting CPD23...
Without a doubt, this project has helped open up some of the perceived clique-gates that I once felt separated me from my library peers: I've received so many encouraging comments that have empowered me to skip over the troll-bridge and silflay in the verdant sæter of succentorship that lies beyond. With so many excellent CPD23 bloggers out there it became necessary very early on to start making use of a dedicated reader (I went with Google Reader, which was pretty good at the time, though I am not loving that inch of wasted space that accompanies the retrogressive re-design), and as I have begun to gently feel my way within the online library community, I find myself spending more and more time on Twitter as @SaintEvelin where I occasionally even have something to say. I still have some considerable way to go, I realise, but I wouldn't've made it even this far without the gentle prodding of the (19/)23 Things.
And so we come to Thing 19: a moment to reflect on how my life has changed since starting CPD23...
Without a doubt, this project has helped open up some of the perceived clique-gates that I once felt separated me from my library peers: I've received so many encouraging comments that have empowered me to skip over the troll-bridge and silflay in the verdant sæter of succentorship that lies beyond. With so many excellent CPD23 bloggers out there it became necessary very early on to start making use of a dedicated reader (I went with Google Reader, which was pretty good at the time, though I am not loving that inch of wasted space that accompanies the retrogressive re-design), and as I have begun to gently feel my way within the online library community, I find myself spending more and more time on Twitter as @SaintEvelin where I occasionally even have something to say. I still have some considerable way to go, I realise, but I wouldn't've made it even this far without the gentle prodding of the (19/)23 Things.
No comments:
Post a Comment